It was built in eclectyc style in 1878.
Designing architect: Károly Benkó.
The building work was led by József Pucher.
The laying of foundation-stone was on 21st May, 1877. The building works began on 29th October 1877, and finished on 2nd November 1878.
The shields of the 77 settlements of the county can be found on the wall of the Assembly Hall.